September 15, 2008

Still Sick

Ever since I lived in Oklahoma I've had this really bad cough that flares up when I'm sick. But the cough never goes away. I can feel the congestion there even when I'm not sick, all year round. Some times at night when I lie down, I will aspirate, which is when fluid comes up through my lungs and causes me to stop breathing. My grandfather died from that.

I'm not sure what it is. At one point I assumed it was chronic bronchitis. It's still a possibility since all this started with black mold and ended with me being around smokers. But it has gotten to the point that I cough so bad that I end up trying to throw up. I could check with a doctor if that were a possibility, but this is a small town and without insurance, it's not.

So I am stuck on what to do. I guess I'll just wait it out and hope hubby puts me on his insurance plan at work in October.