September 4, 2008

My 25th Anniversary Cabbage Patch Kid

Yes, I said mine.lol A while back a package came for me and to my surprise I found it was the Limited Edition 25th Anniversary Cabbage Patch Kid. I mean I knew it was coming, but in no way did I imagine this was for real.

I had a cabbage patch kid when I was a kid. As a matter of fact he was passed down to my boys and I am hoping they still have him. His name is Dale. I remember the day I got him and how much he smelled like baby powder. I absolutely love that smell. It reminds me so much of newborn babies.


So when I found out I was going to be one of the first to get the 25th Limited Edition Cabbage Patch Kid before they ever hit store shelves, I was really excited. To make the deal even sweeter, Cabbage Patch Kid just launched their website www.cabbagepatchkids25.com. Just in time!

So maybe you're wondering why I just don't give the kid up to my step-daughter. I actually wanted to and talked to my husband about it. He was the one who suggested keeping it since it may some day be a collector's still new in the box. So, I'
m keeping her. Her name is, Lavon Verdell. She was born on May 3rd and wow... even in the box I can smell her baby powder smell.

The great thing about her is, I can change her name online if I'm not keen with Lavon, but I'm keeping her name as it is. Lavon comes with her certificate and a silver plastic baby spoon to commemorate the 25th Anniversary theme. And the fun thing about her is, she's already teething. She's really cute, you'd love her.


I took a photo to show what she looks like and what she comes with. I hope you enjoy the photo as much as I will enjoy having her in my home.


Thank You Cabbage Patch Kids
and
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!