August 21, 2008

Rearranging My Blog

I decided to do some rearranging on my blog. The reason for this is because I am working towards better income since I have been working at home. Lately the problem with working at home has been lack of jobs and loss of work due to my personal life. Now that everything is back on track I am hoping to increase my income goal.

One big problem I have however, is that I've noticed my Google PR has dropped. As a matter of fact it went from a PR of a 3 to a 0 in just a few days. Around the same time I also went from about 50,000 backlinks to over a million backlinks in a few days.

The first thing I checked was to see if I am banned from google. I'm not. So then I checked bad backlinks and links who have been banned from google. There were no banned links and only a few bad backlinks that I removed. So now I am stumped. I am wondering if I was spammed. I guess I need to check and see if I was, somehow.

Now some may say to not worry so much about Page Rank with google. In the past it wouldn't have been so much of a worry. But lately, every company is basing money and whether or not a blog gets an opportunity by page ranks. So no page rank means no income for many sites in payperpost, payu2blog and even private sales.

So right now it's been a struggle and I'm trying to figure out how to work through it.

In the meantime, I have rearranged google adsense ads which seems to be doing a little better. Kontera ads are still doing badly, but I have learned that their site is down. Also, I am not thrilled with PepperJam Ads. So far even with all of the clicks I have had from visitors, the companies are not allowing me to profit from them when they are based on traffic not sales.

So as Scrooge says, "Bah Humbug!"