July 28, 2008

It's Time Again

At one time I worked as a CNA in a nursing home. After I injured my back, I had to walk away from the job I loved so much. I miss it. Many reasons a loved one is placed
in a nursing home is because of a disease known as Alzheimer's. Remember the movie, "The Notebook?" A perfect example. If you haven't seen the movie, I highly recommend that you do. Then, if that doesn't get to you, it may very well be a lost cause for you. For most of us however, Alzheimer's Disease hits us close to home.



I was very lucky that my grandparents did not suffer in that way. Yet, I wonder will I? Even now I find myself forgetting things very easily. It worries me. Yes, I know all about the herb St. John's Wort and how it may be able to help with Memory Loss, but I have enough trouble remember to take my daily vitamin. I think however, my memory loss maybe from the stress that has found its way in my life. In the mean time, maybe I should join something like the Alzheimer's Memory Walk?

After all, it's for a good cause. And besides, a 2-3 mile walk is pretty darn easy for me. Or it used to be. I used to walk 3 miles one way and another 3 miles back when I was working at Independence, Kansas's Microtel. It's not easy, but it can be done! So, why not? Why not join a great cause. Become a part of something spectacular and feel good doing it!


Sponsored by Alzheimer's Walk