July 21, 2008

The Danger of Energy Pills

I'm not a fan of energy pills. I think they're a load of bull. Now a natural energy I am okay with, but putting junk into your body and taking a big risk of possible death is just plain stupid.

I'll tell you why I feel so strongly against them. About 5 years ago my friend and I made a 22 hour trip to Virginia. Thinking that we could save some time getting there, I stopped at a local truck stop and picked up some energy pills. After I took them I ended up being very sick and dizzy from them. Enough that it freaked me out and I swore I'd never do something as stupid as that again.

It's crazy that truck stops and convenience stores are allowed to sell products that can be potentially dangerous. I was luck that my best friend was with me that night or I might not have paid attention to the road ahead of us and been here today. I've learned my lesson. I hope you won't make the same mistake as I did. It's not worth the risk.

If you must take energy pills, please do your homework and know your ingredients!