June 11, 2008

Where the Pink Dolphins Roam

When most people think of dolphins they think of sweet grey creatures. Well, imagine my surprise when I was sent this rare treat. This extremely rare and beautiful 'pink dolphin' was spotted and photographed by Capt. Erik Rue of Calcasieu Charter Service on June 24th, 2007, during a charter fishing trip on Calcasieu Lake south of Lake Charles, LA.

Update: As interesting as these photos are I had a comment left stating that these are fake photos. I welcome all comments. :) In question to whether the photos are fake or not I thought I would share these links which provide more info about the albino dolphin that is to everyone's knowledge real. Snopes has even agreed that the pink dolphin is indeed real! :)

Dolphinworld.net

Snopes.com

Truthorfiction.com