June 19, 2008

Cheap and Easy Japanese Lunch

By Thursday our cabinets are generally back down to the basics since we always do our shopping on a Friday. Today I was craving something different than the ordinary peanut butter and jelly sandwich. So after finding some brown rice in the cabinet and surfing online for a good rice sauce. I found this one:

Japanese Ginger Sauce
  • 1TBSP
  • 2TBSP water
  • 4tsp soy sauce
  • 1garlic clove minced
  • 3slices fresh ginger-about dime size
  • 1tsp sugar
  • 2TBSP oil
Add oil in a stream into blender.

The above sauce is actually used for steaks, but it sounded yummy enough for rice, so I gave it a try. I did adjust the recipe just a bit. I omitted the water and used ground ginger instead of fresh. Also I added some crushed red peppers since I love spicy foods! The result: Absolutely Delicious!