May 10, 2008

Work Can Take It's Toll

I am beginning to notice that I have been given more than just the job of a desk clerk at work. Now I am a housekeeper, laundry aide and secretary. While I really don't mind helping out when it is needed, it's eventually going to burn me out and I'm going to have to stop and think about my job situation or end up worse than I already am with my health.

This morning I received a phone call asking if I would come into work for a few hours today. It's my day off and I was already away from home and out of town. Still I felt bad. Oddly enough, my boss knew what I had planned for Saturday, but I'm guessing she was hoping those plans had changed. I didn't go in to work today, however. It's the first time I've said no to something in a very long time.

I don't feel any better about saying no, but I don't feel any worse either. I don't even dread the fact that I might not have a job if the owner of the business where I work, decides there doesn't need to be a day shift or isn't willing to pay. Odd. Maybe that's why I call myself Insane.