May 10, 2008

They Just Gotta Scare The Crap Outta Me

It's been a while since I have seen a really good horror movie. The last one I viewed was good, but a sequel twice over. After a while sequels tend to lose their touch and it's too easy to guess who did it and what's going to happen next.
What I have really noticed lately is that most of the recent horror movies are not horror at all. They're all about the blood and guts. I honestly don't mind blood and guts, but where are the days when a horror movie would scare the crap out of you? I love those!

I would love to see a really good horror movie that is determined to scare the crap out of me again. I am hoping that the new movie, Frontier(s) will do just that. Interestingly enough this acclaimed horror movie goes beyond any other movie by showing viewers the unrated version right in the theater. Not on dvd, but in the theater. How insane is that???

The previews look pretty good and just by the glimpse of the trailer I saw, I wouldn't recommend this movie to anyone who is under 17 years of age. I believe most horror movies shouldn't be viewed by 17 and under anyway, but Frontier(s) goes way beyond any regular old horror movie I've seen in the recent years.

The closest I can dare compare Frontier(s) to when it comes to movies is the Saw Trilogies. Yet even though it may have a similar likeness to the Saw movies, it really doesn't come close. The only part I am not so keen on is the fact that this movie is in French with English Subtitles.

If you're looking for a good horror movie, Frontier(s) may be it. Looks like it's already playing in select theaters since it's release date was may 9th, so check your theater for local times and listings.

If you're not able to find it at a theater near you, don't worry. Frontier(s) will be available on DVD by May 13th!

Sponsored by Frontier(s)