May 4, 2008

No Ram for Me

Lately I've been noticing that my laptop has been crashing more than usual. I'm used to it since it's on my piece of junk list, but this is just beyond it's regular routine. At first I thought it was the laptop overheating, but as it turns out, that isn't the case.

I am now wondering if this pain in the butt laptop just needs more ram. Actually, I am pretty sure it does since it will only play minimal games and load very few programs without crashing. The one thing I worry about though, is whether or not I can find ram that is compatible for this piece of junk averatec laptop. 4 All Memory seemed to be a good source for that department, but as I found out, they don't carry ram for my 3200 series.

However, they do carry a lot of other manufacturers and since my laptop is about 7 years old now, it's possible that no one will carry what I need. I think it's time I just trade this averatec in for a new laptop. Preferably a Sony.