May 2, 2008

A New Update On Our School System

I did receive a call from our school principal. My husband also received a call, but it was from the school that the buses meet up at, for the transfer. While my husband got an unreasonable answer as to why our kids walked away without the school's knowledge, our school principal offered a better explanation to me as to why our school system is so screwed up.

Apparently, the reason they don't keep a list of what students get on and off the bus, is because each day, students on those buses change. By this the principal meant, sometimes a parent will call at the last minute and take the child off of the bus because their work schedule, etc. has changed for the day. So the list was not working. He did offer me the option of coming up with some ideas and seeing if we could change things together for the school. I've told him I will have to sit down and see what I can do.

I think the first thing I would like to do is talk to other parents and get some ideas from them as well. If they realize the concern of kids getting off the bus, etc. I think they will sit down and offer help on solving the problem.