May 12, 2008

Cleaning Up

Last week I ordered a big trash dumpster from our city's dumpster program. Generally the city charges $200 per a day for the dumpster which is really insane, but in an effort to get people to clean up the city, they're offering it for free at the moment.

So, needless to say, I took advantage of the opportunity. We had some old furniture and junk in the garage that needed to go and since I was able to get it for over a 3 day weekend, I figured this was the perfect time.

So far I have managed to throw out an old mattress set, a bbq grill and smoker left by the previous owner of this house and the pool liner from the no longer there pool. As scary as it is, just that stuff has managed to fill up the dumpster! I do have an old dresser that I want to throw out too and a couch. The dresser I think I can get away with, but the couch I'll have to call the city about.

I actually wanted to clean out the garage and get rid of a bunch of stuff in there too, but it looks like that might have to wait until next time around. Actually, I hope there is a next time around. I guess we'll see!