May 9, 2008

Averatec 3200 and memory upgrades

My averatec 3200 laptop has been giving me a lot of problems lately. The most recent trouble being, it will shut down when I'm in the middle of watching a video like abc's extreme makeover: home edition. A few days ago I went through and defragged the hard drive and I even went as far as cleaning dust from the laptop ad the cooling fans. For a while, it helped, but I've still noticed it lags behind.

I've mentioned it in the past, and I still wonder if maybe there is a problem with my laptop's system memory. I'm pretty sure that even if that isn't the exact problem with my laptop, it could use new memory, anyway.

I noticed that Buy.com has a decent selection of memory and reasonable prices, some even with free shipping. How insane is that?

I just wonder if they have anything for my averatec 3200 piece of junk. Well, it never hurts to take a look.