March 23, 2008

I Am Not a Writer!

Today I was told I am not a writer. I am not published in a magazine, I have no readers, so therefore I am not a writer. Isn't it lovely when you're insulted in such a way! And to think, I offered them a review which they considered pointless because of course.. In their eyes I am not a writer. Well, to them I say, a review is not necessary... now and in the future, when everyone knows my name....since of course, I am not a writer. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

For those who have experienced the loveliness of negative people like those above, don't let it get you down. It's their loss, not yours. Author, Stephen King once lived in an trailer. His walls were covered in rejection slips. Another author once submitted a very famous novel of his under another name, to the same publisher who published it before. They rejected it.

Laugh in the eyes of idiocy. Live for the moment and never let go of your dreams.