February 28, 2008

Oprah's Book Club Make's Amazon Rich.

By now most people know about Amazon.com, but what many may not know is apparently, Thanks to Oprah Winfrey's Book club, they're getting rich!

Several weeks ago I was picking the book Eckhart Tolle's, "A New Earth" for shipment to Amazon's customers like crazy. At first I wondered why. I mean to be honest, after looking at the back cover, the guy sort of came across as creepy to me. Why would someone like Oprah Winfrey pick such a book, I thought to myself.

After picking about 200 copies of the book in one day, I decided to do a little research and check this guy out. As it turns out, Eckhart Tolle's "A New Earth" is a sort of spiritual guide to life. In his book he shows you how to find your own life's purpose and a lot of people, including Oprah are loving the idea of his book.

They're loving it so much in fact, that Oprah and Eckhart are joining forces on March 3rd to teach an online class about the subject. How insane is that? So insane that the book has already sold a whopping 3.5 million copies!

While I might not be big into the belief of spirituality, it definitely looks like an interesting book and class, and I'd say a lot of people would agree.