November 19, 2007

Reacquainted with Dracula

After visiting another blog who is also a fan of the actor Gary Oldman, I found myself reacquainted with his character from the movie, "Bram Stoker's Dracula." It was this role that made me take notice of him. I realized how much I really enjoyed his role as Dracula and his love for his bride who is played by actress, Winona Ryder. Of course it is no secret that I am a fan of actor Keanu Reeves who also appears in the movie. However it is Gary Oldman who I believe makes this movie truly memorable. Without him I truly believe there would be no Dracula.

By the way, it is interesting to note that I never realized he has a role in the Harry Potter Movies. It's probably because I never had any desire to watch the Harry Potter movies. And I still probably won't.lol Don't get me wrong, Gary Oldman is a fantastic actor, but I just cannot get into the Harry Potter movies. Not for me.

I did notice that he is planning to be in a movie called, "The Dark Knight" which is in production and is scheduled to be released in 2008. It's another spin-off of the Batman movies, so I will probably check it out since I am also a fan of Batman. Gary Oldman will join forces with Batman as LT. James Gordon in the movie. Sounds good to me!!!

Now for those who are a fan of Gary Oldman and Dracula, and who still believe in love.....




Note: An interesting tidbit is, Christian Bale will again play Batman.

I thought his role as Batman in "Batman Begins" was not bad. Still the best Batman I believe is and always will be, Michael Keaton. HA HA. I'm not sure about Heath Ledger playing The Joker in "The Dark Knight", however. I just can't imagine him in such a role. Now Jack Nicholson is a totally different story however!

So I guess we'll see how it goes with Heath Ledger. Who knows! I may very well change my mind. I have liked a few of his movies. My favorite is, "10 Things I Hate About You." I didn't like him in "The Four Feathers." I found it to be one of those long and dragged out movies.

"A Knights Tale" wasn't too bad. Not one of my favorites either. Actually I guess the only movie I really liked Heath Ledger in is, "10 Things I Hate About You." Hmmm.