November 8, 2007

The King is Back.

No, I'm not talking about the King of Rock and Roll. I am talking about the King of Horror!

It's been a while since I have seen a good horror movie and nothing beats a good scare like Stephen King so, I'm really excited about The Mist by Stephen King. While it does kind of reminds me a little of "The Storm" and "The Stand", I still can't wait to see the movie!

Speaking of "The Stand", I must say that it is my favorite novel/movie. There's no particular reason why it's my favorite. It just is. Carrie is another favorite of mine. So is Christine. There is just something about Stephen King's older works that has me addicted.

I must admit that I am not a big fan of his later works. After reading "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon" I was very disappointed. After that, things just went down hill and I lost interest. I was so sure he'd lost his craft for writing horror. I mean after all, there's only so much you can write about before it's all been done or you're burned out. I know that from experience!

But, after seeing the trailer for his latest thriller, "The Mist", I'm looking forward to enjoying his work all over again. I certainly doubt that I will be disappointed and if you're a fan of Stephen King I doubt you'll be disappointed either!