October 7, 2007

Antiques are What????

This morning I was glancing through my shape magazine when I noticed an article on how antiques can be hazardous to your health. What???

Apparently if there is any sort of hairline crack and the antique was made before the 19th century, it can leak mercury. Items such as clocks, lamps and mirrors were made with mercury and are now said to be a danger to our healths.

First it was sandwiches that were hazardous to out healths and now antiques. What next? Babies?? LOL. While the article was an interesting read, it will not stop me from collecting antiques or throwing out my ancestors' past. Besides, wouldn't we already be dead by now since we all probably own antiques and have visited a museum a time or two!

I believe this is just another way to scare us to the point that we're never going to take a risk or leave our homes!

For those of you who are concerned or would like to read the article, you can pick up the latest copy of Shape magazine for the article or you can check out this article that I googled: Antiques Can Pose a Mercury Danger Today.

Feel free to leave a comment. I would love to hear your opinion on this latest scare!
If you like my writing and want to help buy me a car, click here