June 23, 2007

It's Been a Long Night...

I'm up because I'm still draining the pool. Earlier today, my best friend came over and we tackled the really nasty pool that needs a major cleaning! While we were tackling the pool, we also discussed wedding ideas and whether it should be held in the front or back yard. I think the front yard is soo much nicer, but the main problem is, room and all of the rain. If we seat chairs in the front yard, they will more than likely seep into the ground. On the other hand, the backyard is a cemented area. But the garage is old and decrypted, and the pool of course is really gross. Not to mention we need to get a lawn mower to mow the yard. I wanted to try to look for one at a yard sale this weekend, but it looks like that's out.

I was actually thinking of making my own cake for the wedding. I'm a little unsure of this, however.. Since most of my cake attempts are a little on the crappy side from past experience.lol

On a brighter note: I found the photographer that my fiance and I wanted to hire for our wedding! We'd kept her card and for the longest time (still have it)and I kept checking with the website she had posted on her card. I guess it took her a bit to get the website up and running! lol

She does some awesome work! Unfortunately, we can no longer afford any photographer. Maybe in the future for another event. I do want to share her work with you. Her website is: www.janalinhood.com

I remember when we first saw her work, there was a photo of a couple standing at a dock in front of a lake for their wedding photo. It took my breath away.

If you want to see more of her work, you should also check out her blog at: http://www.hoodstudio.blogspot.com/, I promise you will not be disappointed! I know if I could afford to, I would hire her on the spot! If you live in the Chanute, Kansas area and are looking for a photographer, you should definitely contact her!

Ohh, and she's offering a mini-session if you live in the area and can help her figure out how to upload an FTP file for a slideshow, and reference it to a blog! Just check out her June 18th post on her blog page.

Okay, I'm off to check on the pool. Hopefully the darn thing is done by now. I am ready to go to bed and I already know that tomorrow is going to be another long day!!!