June 7, 2007

A Breathe of Fresh Air

Yesterday was actually the first day I've been able to get out and enjoy myself, and relax without some kind of work being involved. After struggling with my latest article and realizing I needed a break, a friend of mine asked if we could join her and her boys at the park. My kids have been asking for a few days now about seeing her boys, so of course I said yes.

It was nice to be able to relax and chat with a friend. After the park my oldest two wanted to hang out with her boys, so my youngest and I hung out at home and I was able to finish up some work.

Then when my fiance came home we were off to wal-mart to pick up a few things. I finally managed to pick up wedding invitations and I am hoping to get those ready and out by tomorrow at least. We'll see. I found them on clearance for $9.00. Not to shabby I don't think. They come with 40 invitations, envelopes, return responses, response envelopes and seals.

While we were at wal-mart that same friend called and we wound up going to dinner with them at Railroad Brothers Italian Restaurant. After that, my oldest two decided to stay the night at my friend's house, so it was a very quiet night for us here.

I don't know if I am looking forward to today, however. I haven't been able to sleep for most of the night. After the alarm went off at 3am, I just couldn't manage to get back to sleep. I kept having nightmares about this guy( a real asshole) I dated who took money from me. I guess the dream has something to do with my fiance and our somewhat discussion of getting paid yesterday.

I don't think it really helped that something caused a very sharp pain on my leg last night. That was the first thing that woke me up before the alarm. I'm not sure what it was. It felt like someone had poked me with a needle. I checked for a mark early this morning, but I didn't see anything.

I did manage to look at a few wedding dresses today. I even managed to find one that I am really interested in. It's not new, but I can't afford a brand new dress and it's a one time use anyway, so I don't see the harm in buying a used wedding dress. With my first marriage the wedding dress wasn't new then either. As a matter of fact it was more like a prom dress.lol At least this time it will be an actually wedding dress!