May 8, 2007

I Caught My Wall Taking a Leak the Other Day....

and this would be just one of the many reasons I have not been online....

Hmm where to start.... I woke up to check on the progress of our flooding basement after one hell of a thunderstorm. What I found was our usual pool of water that now happened to be 3 inches off the ground. After further investigation I also discovered my wall taking a nice healthy leak, 2 feet in front of the stairway. Sigh.

Hoping to kill time until I could consult in my fiance on our leaky matter, I decided to finish up on a few articles. Unfortunately what I discovered was that my laptop was dead. Apparently the AC adapter burned itself out as well as the ethernet card. So last night we made a trip around town to purchase a sump pump, waterproof sealant and a new laptop.

2 out of three did not happen. Apparently after the big thunderstorm, the entire town decided to purchase a sump pump, so every store in town was sold out. Then to top off our lovely day, we were told in order to rent a laptop it would cost us half of what we could purchase a new one for just to get started. Plus, the company would need to deliver the laptop and that would take several more days to do. And they were closing up and shooing us out the door, 20 minutes before closing. Geesh!!!!! SO let's just say they're not making a profit from us.

Instead, we wound up purchasing a new AC adapter and we're now wireless.

Ohh and I patched the leak... Or at least I hope.

Now however, I just discovered the bathroom pipe is leaking.. Sigh....