April 4, 2007

Promoting for what it's really worth...

Over the past few days I have noticed a lot of people promoting their blogs and websites to make money. That's great, but what I wonder is how many people really believe in what they are promoting? Very few I am guessing.

Why am I even asking this question, you may be wondering. Well, let's look at it this way, if you were to go to a blog or site promoting a particular product with no real info about that product, how likely are you going to click on that link? Not very likely I am willing to bet. If you sit down and take the time to promote products or services that you would use/have used, or would highly recommend to a friend or family member, your chances of a reader clicking on that link are going to increase!

Like for instance, I'm not a techno geek. While I may l have a love/hate relationship with my laptop and have taken it a part and put it back together again, I am certainly not going to start promoting laptops, computers or anything else related to my laptop. Now if by chance I've used that brand of laptop or just bought one, then I might throw in a link to promote that particular item. It all boils down to, if I haven't used it and I never plan to, I'm not going to promote it. Same for services and organizations. If I don't believe in them, I'm not going to promote them.

Really, I promise I am not a bitch .lol I just can't see myself promoting something that I wouldn't want to use or be a part of. :)